please download & unzip toolkit, we will use it later.
Setting local executer
- make sure your video file has associated with your local player.(that means you can double click you video file to play it!)
chromeDirectPlay.exeto any folder you like and remember the path.(something like
register URL protocal.regLine 12:
- replace the old path with your own(above), save reg file.
- double click reg file, add it to Register.
To making jellyfin webpage invoke our protocal, we need change some code & recompile files in
I have done that for you, so just download the files in Github Action Artifacts.
TIPS: next time when you update your jellyfin version, you should visit this page, download new files and do the step below again.
- unzip the files.
- locate to your jellyfin install folder, then find
jellyfin-webfolder in it.
- replace the whole folder using your unzip folder.
- restart your jellyfin.
Enable directplay flag
visit your jellyfin webpage, press F12 open devtool, switch to
Application panel, find
Local Storage, add a new key-value in the right area:
Go to movie/series detail page, click play button, your local player should popup now!